Zone Attack – Spartan
#1 enters the ball to #3.
#4 and #5 slide down the lane with #5 sliding out to the ball side shortcorner.
#2 flashes from the backside wing into the middle of the defense tryingto find the open hole.
If #3 cannot pass to #5 or #2 cutting into the middle, he will pass to #1at the point.
#1 will swing the ball to #4, who cuts to the wing.
#5 runs the baseline to the opposite short corner, #2 slides down to thebackside block and #3 flashes into the middle.
#4 will look to #5 on the baseline and to #3 flashing into the middle.
This diagram illustrates another ball reversal with #2 moving out to thewing, #5 running the baseline, #3 sliding down to the back side block and #4flashing into the middle.
#2 will look down to #5 on the baseline, and #4 flashing into the middle.
If #2 passes to #4, #4 will look first to score, then to either #3 or #5 onthe baseline.
If the ball goes to the man in the middle, the man in the shortcorner will go to the rim.
When #4 gets the ball in the middle, #5 will go to the rim.
#1 will slide down toward the wing on the back side and get into #4’svision.
If #4 cannot get the ball to #3 or #5, he will look to #1 on the back side.
On the pass from #4 to #1, #3 will slide out to the perimeter and #5would continue his cut to the ball side short corner.
#4 would slide down to the back side block and #2 would flash into themiddle.
This diagram illustrates ball reversal from wing to the opposite shortcorner.
On the pass from #3 to #5, #2 would slide down to the rim.
#5 may have a shot, a pass to #2 going to the rim, or #5 can look toskip the ball to #1 at the point.
If #5 throws the skip pass to #1, #4 will slide out to the wing, #5 wouldrun the baseline, #3 will flash across the middle, and #2 holds on the backside block.
Again, as with any other zone attack, encourage ball movement,penetrating the gaps, good shot and pass fakes, making the extra pass,good discipline and patience.
1-2-2 Zone Hücum
1-2-2 Zone Attack Part 1
- Start in a 1-4 high alignment
- PG should enter the ball to the opposite side of your best post player
- Ball side post dives to the short corner
- This should force the ball side post defender to match with the 4 man
- From the wing position, you are looking to the short corner, the post who is pinning the middle of the zone, and the high post flash from the opposite wing
- 1 fills opposite wing
- Note: Whoever is diving to the middle of the zone, needs to work very hard at pinning the middle of zone, even if you are not getting the ball.
(Short Corner Entry)
- If the ball goes to the short corner, he should:
* Look to score if the post defender stays in the lane to pinch the offensive post player in the middle of the lane
* Enter the ball to the low post if his defender comes out to guard
Note: It is important that post in the middle of the lane be aware of the 3
second count. He needs to leave the lane at any time to avoid this violation
(Short Corner HIgh Post Look)
- If the high post (X1) starts to dig in the post because you are getting good low post feeds from the wing and the short corner, the short corner should look to pass to the high post
- 2, which is probably a good shooting guard, can shoot the 15 foot jump shot, or give a high low feed if X1 closes out hard on the shot
The high post steps out for a reversal pass
- Middle post cuts to the ball side short corner
- High post dives to pin the middle of the zone
- Weak side short corner flashes to the high post
- You now have the same looks as you did on the other side